





A Beautiful Day in Cambridge:
Today, Nicole and I went to Cambridge. It is an easy 45 minute train ride from London and a great way to flee the city and smell fresh air if you need to! Cambridge has an amazing village-like feel but with tons of things to do to keep you busy. Nicole and I got into town around 11:30 AM and headed straight to the main market in the center of town. After making a few purchases, one of them being an amazing piece of pottery from 1880, we headed to King's College Chapel. Kings College was also having their graduation today. We watched a bit of it from outside the grounds and saw the proud parents that were floating around town with their newly graduated kids. The robes that they wore had a white fur-like sash. It looked quite hot and weird, but hey - they graduated from Cambridge - who cares!! After this, we were starved and headed straight to Tatties for a Jacket Potato. I do not know if we liked the food or the fact that Tatties is air-conditioned, but we liked it in there! We then headed to go punting, which we have decided has been one of our favorite things that we have done in the UK. In all the years that I had been to Cambridge, I had never been punting down the river Cam and Nicole and I thought that it was the perfect opportunity as it was 88 degrees and full on sun! We had a blast and got a little history tour as well! There are just no words to how beautiful Cambridge is. It was a great day and I hope to go again soon!


1 comment:
Ahhh... Cambridge. Love it and miss it! What a wonderful place indeed!
(a fellow Cambridge goer and friend of Nicole). :)
Post a Comment