Saturday, June 30, 2007






Our Summer Holiday in the Dominican Republic

A few weeks ago, Brad and I ventured down to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic for our summer getaway. We arrived on Sat night and stayed through Wednesday. What a beautiful place with crystal blue water, white sand beaches and palm trees everywhere! We were both really excited about the trip we had planned several months for. However, we only really enjoyed one full day there. The rest of the trip, Brad and I did not feel very well. Sunday was great and wonderful, but come Monday, I began to feel sick and that night, poor Brad came down with something horrible. Despite the way we felt, we still spent our time on the beach or by the pool, as we felt better when we were in the water, strange enough. So, this would somewhat explain why we are so late on updating the blog with our photos. Neither of us could bare to upload our photos and funny enough, this is the first time I've seen them!
Regardless, the trip was amazing and the resort was gorgeous. We even got to take a canoe out into the ocean and test our endurance...not so well! Ha! The two of us had such a fun time out there, trying to maneuver this boat against the current and just laughed! We had only hired the canoe for 3o minutes and half that time we were trying to make it off shore...ha! We did it though and loved it. The people were really friendly and they had a market right on the beach with local artists and vendors selling stuff from the island. The resort had a plethora of activities always going on which kept us visually entertained. Punta Cana is visited by so many different people and believe it or not, we were in the minority and it felt great! We haven't heard so many different languages since we moved from London. We will likely never go back b/c the memories aren't the greatest, but we're so thankful we had the chance to see this place that so many have boasted about...it certainly does resemble paradise! So, enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

aminnis said...

I like the new blog format. It's probably been this way for a long time and I just noticed! ;) I feel so famous being advertised somewhere! ;) Love you guys!!