The bare belly
Bleeker isn't so sure what's happening in this room!
He'll be sleeping here before we know it!We've been really slack lately about posting pictures on the blog of my pregnant belly and I know that many of you have been on me about that! So, this weekend, Brad and I were very determined to take some pics to show you guys. It's hard to believe that we are already at 36 1/2 weeks and only have 3 1/2 more to go before our little man arrives! It's quite interesting to be pregnant right now as I have so many friends at church and elsewhere that are also pregnant. As of now, a good friend of mine here, Carolyn, is expecting 2 weeks before Brad and I, so any day now. It's been great to share this experience with someone so close by as we are going through the same aches and pains and more importantly, we're able to complain to each other and it's okay! We've also taken prenatal yoga together and the four of us (her husband Ed and Brad and I) took a diaper changing class this past week! How funny! The best part about it-the English tape was broken so it was all in Spanish and lucky for us, they just moved back from Madrid so they could interpret it for us! Ha! I have another friend from college who is expecting the day before me on the 5th, and literally about 5 others all expecting in the few months following. So, there must be something in the water!
I guess you can say the past 2 weeks have become rather challenging with the final weeks approaching. I certainly haven't felt like myself and bless Brad, he has been the best husband ever and completely understanding! Sleep has become much more difficult, potty breaks have doubled, back aches are unlike anything I've ever experienced and my Braxton Hicks have finally picked up the pace. So, I'm just taking things easy and resting a lot. We finally got out yesterday and went to dinner and got groceries...woohoo! Tomorrow is my check-up at the doctor where I will have the Strep Test and begin my weekly doctor appointments. So, this certainly makes it seem like there is an end in sight. And with the final pics hung on the wall this weekend, our nursery is pretty much complete! This is a great feeling to know that we have the basics should he come early! When you live in a city like DC, large rooms aren't common so we made a small room work! Thanks to everyone who has helped make this possible for us! You will never know how much it means to us. Enjoy the pics and we will try our best to take more of the belly before he comes!


4 comments:
You're so cute Nicole! And great job on the cute baby room, it looks awesome! Are you going to make your guests sleep with a crying baby when they visit?! :) hehe
February is a great month... Ethan was born on Feb.18 - he'll be 3 this year. Can't wait to see pics of your little guy... your life will never be the same. Take care in these last few weeks... it could be any day now. I'll be checking often for updates.
WOW! I can't believe my baby sis-in-law is going to be a Mommy in less than a month!!! We are so stinking excited, we don't know what to do with ourselves! I better get our bags packed in the van so we can head out at a moments notice!!! Talk to you soon!
Love,
Shannon
You look so beautiful pregnant. You definitely have the glow! Your nursery is adorable and I know your little fella is going to be a cutie too. Jaci was born Feb. 1st and will be 2 this month. I think it's a great time to have a baby and you will be an excellent mom. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. kori
Nicole you look adorable. Thanks for the belly pics!
The room looks great. We left a bed in Josiah's room also. It ended up working out great. Whenever he had a bad night I would go sleep in the room with him, but sleep in the spare bed. This was wonderful for Dustin who had to get sleep for work the next morning. It also keeps your baby sleeping happily in their bed instead of yours when sickness comes. I think you'll be glad you kept it.
We'll be praying for you over these next few weeks.
Post a Comment