Monday, April 03, 2006














April in Paris:

Nicole and I just got back from an AMAZING weekend in Paris. Nicole and I share a love for this town - so it is great to go there with each other. We see past the rude people and soak up the romance, history, music, and most of all - the food!! As you may know my mom's best friend who I call Aunt Daphie has been living in Paris for the last 8 months. She invited us to come over this past weekend and enjoy her little part of town. We had the best time. Her flat is in the oldest portion of Paris called La Marais. She is 5 blocks from Notre Dame and near the Louvre. It was so easy to get anywhere you wanted. We went on Friday afternoon on the Eurostar and came back last night. On Friday night we walked over to Notre Dame and the St. Michelle area of town. We enjoyed all of te lights while eating crepes! I had a Nutella and Banana crepe and Nicole ate a Banana and Honey crepe. It was so nice being with someone who is fluent in French. Everything seemed to easy!! On Saturday we headed up to Mont Matre to see the Artist painting and a great view of the city, we then headed back down to La Marais to go shopping! This area of town is like Soho in NYC. Every kind of boutique that you could ever want!! We then went for a 3 course French dinner on Saturday evening! Nicole had snails and I had Goat Cheese Salad and Chicken. On Sunday we went to a wonderful place for Brunch by the Louvre called Angelinas and has the best hot choclatte that I had ever had!! Becasue it was such a beautiful day, we walked up the Champs and had a great stroll to the Arc De Triophe. We hated leaving Aunt Daphie and Paris - but we will be there many more times between now and the time that we leave!!

No comments: