









Prague for Easter:
Nicole and I went to Prague for Easter!! We had the best time. Besides meeting up with the Stones (See below) we toured this most amazing city and walked our legs off. For those of you who have not been - Prague is amazing! Jeff and Anna Laughlin told us when we moved to the UK, that we must go to Prague - and now we know why. The architecture alone will have you a trance as well as the general mood and temperament of the city. During Easter they set up Easter Markets all over town selling their famous painted eggs, local crafts, and amazing food that we couldn't pronounce but we sure could eat! The people were so nice and helpful. They might not know English, but they can play a mean game of charades. Nicole and I were lost on the tram and this older lady helped us by demonstrating that we needed to go back under the river. When I say demonstrated, I mean "full on" theatrical act. We loved it!! We also loved the shopping in Prague. Some of the stores were the same that we have on our high streets here in the UK, but they were so clean and orderly. How many H&M's or Zara's have you been to that have everything hung in its section and on its original hanger - come on?? It was great! We also found that a vacation in Prague is a great value. It is not cheap - as it once was - but what you get is good for your buck. We also enjoyed a local restaurant in the Jewish Quarter called Svejk - Jon and Emily, you must go if you haven't - we had dinner for 110 Kr each, which is about 2 pound 50 pence. We had Pork Lion, pickled cabbage, and potato dumplings with horseradish - it was really good!! I could go on and on - but I will let the pictures speak for themselves. We had a great time. We are at home for the next 3 weeks and then we are off to Devon, Cambridge, and Barcelona in May. Let the good times roll!
Brad


3 comments:
We certainly be looking up this restaurant! Thanks for the tip!
You are killing me with all of these great pictures.
I NEED A VACATION!
Svejk? There is a new English translation of Svejk underway. Book One is out as a paperback, Books One and Two have been published as an e-book. Books Three and Four are being edited for publication. To learn more and to buy follow the links below. :-)
Get "svejked" [shvaked] at www.zenny.com
Visit the Svejk Central pilot site at www.SvejkCentral.com
Post a Comment