


Fall Festival in Dahlonega, GA:
Since Nicole and I missed out on the fall foliage last year, we decided to head up into the North Georgia mountains on Sunday to take part in a Gold Rush Festival in Dahlonega. It was an hour drive from Atlanta and straight up 400. We looked at all of the arts and crafts, which was everything from air brushed t-shirts to homemade jams and butters. It was a mix between a Church Bake Sale and a NYC Street Fair. It did bring back good memories from our childhoods and made us slow down a little bit - which was worth going for sure!! For once we felt like a normal couple looking around and shopping. The last 4 months has been the stress of the anticipated move, to moving, to unpacking, and also adjusting to our new jobs. It was great not having a to-do list with 100 things on it. I liked Dahlonega, but I honestly think that Nicole I liked the escape more than anything. We also loved the outlet mall that was on the way that had everything from Pottery Barn to Saks fifth Avenue. If you know us well, you know that we purchased and had a great time doing so. The month to come brings escapes to us as well and we look forward to that. I think that we were on the go so much in London, that the thought of staying home more than two weekends a month frightens us a bit. Anyway... Fall is great in Georgia and I look forward to Winter. Is there really a winter in the South??
Brad


No comments:
Post a Comment