Wednesday, October 04, 2006

We are alive and well / Actually Really Well!:

"I know, they said they would write about their new adventures, but they haven't!" I am sure that this thought has come across most of your minds over the last 6 weeks. I admit that we have been slack with the blog updates, but we have also been trying to recover from our international move. Nicole and I promise to get better now that we are both in a routine of jobs, etc.

A great deal has happened in the last six weeks and I will be posting pictures of some of the events soon. Our digital camera software was moved with our stuff and we will not have it until early next week. So we are relying on other people's images! Nicole is now in her second week at her new job where she is a Project Coordinator for Mosaica Schools which is an international Private School company. She is figuring out her job day by day as this is a new position and she is doing a great job at it! She is going to New Orleans next week with our friend Anna to help a school get organized in the Garden District. I tried to convince both of them that Anna's husband Jeff and I needed to go with them - but they seemed to not here that - ha! We have closed on our condo and hopefully will move in this weekend. It is a two bedroom place in Buckhead that we love. We both feel very blessed to be in this place as we have been in much smaller dwellings while in NYC and London. I love my job. It is such a breath of fresh air from my Microsoft days. I am actually having fun again which is worth the move for me! Bleeker has adjusted just fine. I think he could be anywhere and be fine as he has been more places than most, but he loves visits from his mamaw and papaw (my mom and dad)! He gets so excited to see them and they love him as well. Can you tell that we might need a child soon?

Atlanta is great. I must admit that I had doubts about it in the past and that is putting it mildly - but I am growing to love it day by day. There are so many nooks that most do not know about that make it unique and fun. And there are plenty of restaurants and shopping districts which keep Nicole and I busy. We went to church on Sunday to the Buckhead Church and really liked it. It is more our style than a traditional church. We are going to look at a few more before we take the plunge of membership / getting involved / etc. The people here are so nice and we love that aspect of this city. We have been so hardened by NYC and London and it is refreshing for people to smile or say "how are ya'll doing?" In moments like that - we know that we have made the right decision. Our friend Anna came to visit 2 weeks ago and I think that she said it best. When we get older, it is not about the cool places that you go or where you live - it is about family. We have loved having mom and dad only 2 hours away and Nicole's family only 6 1/2 hours away. It is nice to be in photos again or experience special times and days.

So - more to come with pictures. I promise!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're glad you enjoyed Buckhead Church. Welcome to Atllanta!
Jeff Henderson