Saturday, April 14, 2007





























Easter visiting Nicole's Family in NC

For the first time in years, Brad and I were blessed to visit my family in NC for Easter! I cannot remember the last time I was home for the holiday (I think it was even before my mom passed), but it was certainly wonderful. To be with my family, neice and nephews, and share the celebration of our Christ's resurrection was so special. Brad and I were able to grab a few days off of work to head up "north" (ha!) spent a long weekend with them. We arrived on Friday afternoon and did the traditional Pizza Inn lunch buffet with my family. We do love us some Pizza Inn, esp the kiddies! That night, Brad and I went to dinner with my dad and stepmom Joyce to our favorite BBQ place. We left feeling completely stuffed and overweight all in one day! :o)

We planned an Easter egg hunt on Saturday afternoon, not expecting it to be so cold, but we hid all the eggs in the backyard anyway and my neice Lindsey (who turned 10 on April 1st), nephews Ben (5), Seth (3), and Drew (2) went for the mad hunt! It was so much fun watching how excited they would get when they found an egg and the smile that would come over their sweet face.

So, after an afternoon filled with candy and cavities, we had dinner with my brother and sis-in-law (Brian and Shannon) and relaxed the rest of the night. Sunday was graciously spent in church and was such a great reminder of the love our Saviour has for us. jWhat a great Easter! The kids just adore Brad and he adores them. It's so funny to watch them hang all over him. They're like little monkeys and so full of energy! Anytime we are able to spend time with the family is a treasured one. We only wish we could see them even more often. But we're just thankful to be closer now than ever before! Love you guys! xx

No comments: