Today, we felt like real homeowners when we headed up to Lowes and bought all kinds of garden stuff to make our outdoor space cozy! I've been wanting to plant flowers out there since February, but Brad insisted that we wait due to the freezing cold...ha! So, I finally got my wish and we were off! We bought some wicker resin chairs a few weeks ago and little table that I've spray painted to meet our decor needs...hehe. That black just didn't work for us! After 2 tries, we found the perfect color.
Next stop, foliage. I wasn't so sure of how to garden, so I kept asking Brad and the Lowes people what was the hardest plants to kill...I know our history with plants and it's not pretty. We're trying to go for a lighter, French look out there, so we went with some wispy looking stuff called Mexican Heather (funny that it's Mexican right and we want a French look :o) ) . Anyway, we mixed that with some impatiens (which I just today learned weren't called impatients) and put that in our baskets hanging over our railing. We bought a Palm for the corner and a cute Ficus tree in another corner. Brad's dad gave us a strawberry vase (I think that's the name) a few weeks ago so we planted a bunch of herbs in each one of the holes...rosemary, lavender, flat leaf parsley, lemon balm, peppermint (smelling good right?). I also got a really pretty Jasmine plant from my mentor teacher at my school this week, so that's really pretty and smells good too! Oh, we also put up some cute lantern lights from Smith and Hawken...nothing like a little ambience. I think that's it. We had quite a mess out there with all the potting soil, but beginners have to start somewhere. So, check out the pics. We're so happy to have a cozy little outdoor nook! Hopefully, we won't have to update this blog in a few months with a bunch of dead flowers!! Ha! Seriously though, we'll be really good about watering them. Enjoy!


No comments:
Post a Comment