Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our Crazy Week in Pictures

Life has been hectic the past several days so hopefully that explains why I haven't posted anything in a week! We had a really busy weekend and the week hasn't slowed down much either. On Saturday we got to have lunch with our friends Aimee and Ryan Fox. They went to Lee University as well and the three of us (Aimee, Ryan and I) actually went on our England/Scotland trip together with our history department in 1999 where Aimee and I were roommates for the whole trip! Time got the best of us and we never kept in touch but they recently moved back to Old Town and I'm so happy because they are a lot of fun to have around. Plus, they are expecting their first little one any day now! A baby girl! So we had to have one more lunch before Mercer arrives. Then Brad and I were off to Ikea to get a few things and to run more errands. It was a late afternoon but we got him just in time to put Baker to bed!
Rolling around on our new rug...thank God! We hated our other rug for several reasons and are so happy to have this non-shedding one!
******
On Sunday, we had a church picnic at Fort Hunt Park. It wasn't shy of games, including volleyball, softball, cards, those huge blow-up things for kids, and tons more. We just had a great time hanging out with all of our friends, eating fried chicken and all the fixin's. It was a gorgeous day for it no doubt!

1. Baker loved laying in the parachute. All the colors and papery sound must have been fascinating! 2. With our pastor, Dale - he's so great with kids!

******
Yesterday, I had my MOPS meeting that morning and that afternoon, Baker had his pictures taken...another full day. Now, we are awaiting the arrival of Brad's parents! We're so excited that they are coming up for a visit during Andy's fall break at Lee. We always love October because it means a visit from the parentals. They have come to visit us every October since I can't remember when - in NYC, London, I think Atlanta (?) and now DC. I'm sure we have a very exciting few days ahead of us!! Can't wait!

******
More pictures from the week

Sleepy after his bath and ready for bed. I love when he rubs his little eyes!
1. Up to no good, under the chair. Baker may not crawl but he manages to get around by rolling everywhere he wants to go. We're beginning to wonder if he's ever gonna crawl for this very reason! He's perfectly content with rolling and he's super fast at it! 2. He now goes straight to his toy box and dumps it out!
I went to get him from his nap the other day and he had reached through the crib, grabbed several pieces of laundry out of his basket and into his crib, then dumped the rest on the floor!

No comments: