Thursday, October 02, 2008

Times are a-Changin'

Well, the crib has officially been lowered which means we are one step closer to our little boy growing up way too fast! While I was away at a doctor's appointment this morning (which BTW, please say a prayer for a little biopsy being done on a small mole of mine), Brad was home with the boys and trying to get ready for work. He put Baker in his crib to play and moments later, peeked into the nursery and saw Baker STANDING and holding onto the side of the crib only to be followed by losing his balance and falling back down! Very alarming! Waisting no time, Brad and I decided to lower the mattress this morning before Baker decides to jump out of it. Who knows, he may not do this again for weeks but if he does, we are prepared!


1. It's a bit difficult to get a good picture of him sleeping in his crib now but you get the idea hopefully! 2. This is the precious face we get to look at all the time. How amazing is that?

1. More sweetness - this could be my new favorite picture. Gotta love his little profile.

Sucking on his thumb, which he does a lot. It's cute and all but I hope it's not one of those things we have to break later! For now, we'll enjoy how sweet he looks while he does it.

Playing in his crib after his nap. We thank his daddy for the new romper he got on his last trip to LA. I love it! Of course, I've always loved to see Baker wearing those sweet one piece sleeper/outfits. It reminds me so much of his little days....awh. I think all babies are so sweet and cuddly in them.

Just for fun pictures:
I love his little rock 'n roll outfit! And more of that sweet profile!

1. Told you he sucked on his thumb a lot! 2. This is Baker's new face that I posted a video of the other day. It's his "I don't want to" face and he'll huff and huff when he makes it. He knows it makes us laugh so he does it at random times now!
1. More of that face 2. This is what I typically get nowadays when I try to take pictures - reaching for the camera!

"I think I'll rock on the couch. Whew, that's a lot of work. Maybe I'll just take a rest"

"I'm learning to stand up and play with Bleeker."

Speaking of change, I get so excited this time of year! The weather has been turning a little cooler, the leaves are beginning to change and I tend to have a pep in my step. I just ADORE the fall season! It has something to do with swapping out the summer wardrobe for my beloved layers, and Brad would agree...he loves it too. Not only do we get to dress ourselves in fun fall clothes, but we get to dress our little boy in them too! So let the fun begin!

1. There is this cardinal that always perches on our patio right outside the window and I just love to watch him! Until moving here, I've never seen one of these up close but they are so beautiful. I finally caught a picture of him without him flying away. 2. The leaves on the tree outside our home are already starting to turn red along with most of the trees in town...I love it!

No comments: