Monday, February 16, 2009

Crazy Boy

This week has been a challenging one, learning how to deal with a one year old who is developing that independent spirit and often accompanied with a 'tude. Brad and I are learning daily how to discipline and correct him and finding that ignoring the behavior and applying positive encouragement is working the best so far. He definitely has that "I can do it myself" mentality and may just have a bit of stubbornness in him too. I may be to blame for that one. But all in all, though we have questioned where our sweet little baby boy went at times, we adore him and he continues to make us laugh and puts the biggest smile on our face! And after talking to our other friends who have newly turned one year olds, we are learning that they are facing the same behavior changes, so we don't feel alone. With so many friends that have toddlers, why didn't any of them tell us of this before now? :o)

The silly things he does:

The little stinker loves to climb into things. He's in his toy box here, looking a bit crazed!

He also has this silly way of holding his sippy cup...backwards! But hey, he gets the milk/juice out, so that's all that matters!
********
Baker and I were really excited to get back into our Gymboree class this week. We've missed it the past two weeks so it was nice to be back.

Baker enamored with the bubbles.

Pushing the airlog like a big boy.
Baker still isn't walking much on his own but he can take a few steps by himself. He'll stand there alone all day but it's almost as if he is scared to walk. We know that he can do it if he can just get the nerve. I read recently that taller babies tend to walk a little later because of their fear of falling. Who knows how true that is though. So, we're just being patient with it and know that when he's ready to do it, he will.
Video: Baker learning to walk. Pardon my excitement!

Video: Baker at Gymboree pushing the airlog.

1 comment:

The Lee Family said...

TOO cute! I really like the picture of Baker with the giraffe. That is a priceless look. Glad you caught it!

Carla