Thank God, Brad finally got home today after a week in LA. He had to travel for a commercial shoot, leaving last Wed and getting back today. These work trips of his are never easy, especially now that Baker is so exhausting and all I want at the end of a long day is to have a little down time and evenings with my hubby, but it's part of life and we're totally okay with it. We just miss him so much when he's away. I won't say that I'm not a little jealous when he travels out to sunny LA, with celebrity sightings daily. Since he's traveling for work and entertaining clients while there, he eats out at the finest restaurants and always calls me to let me know who he saw that night. This trip, due to the Oscars I'm sure, was chockful of them...first night was Julia Roberts (um, my all-time favorite actress) with hubby Danny Moder and Meg Ryan at Capo; second night was Regis and Joy Philbin and Gilman's (?) family at Crustacian; third night was LeAnn Rimes, Robert Downey Jr. and Maria Menudos at Katsuya. Did I mention that the Director of his shoot was Jessie Dillon (Bob Dillan's son)? Which by the way, he said he was the nicest person ever...even bought Baker a cute little gift. I'm thrilled for him that he gets to see all of these guys. Brad works so hard while he's out there and has endless days so he deserves a little fun! It's pretty funny to think that when he calls and asks how my day was, I pretty much have the same story - fed Baker, played with Baker, changed poopy diaper after poopy diaper, put him to nap, and the cycle continues. Ha! But it's motherhood and I wouldn't give anything for it!
So, while Brad was away, I tried to keep my days somewhat busy so that I could pass the time without feeling so lonely. Thursday was a big day for us because Baker's Gymboree class is in the morning and that afternoon, we spent it with Claire and Molly for Claire's 1st birthday...what fun we had! Friday, we laid low because the day before was so full that Baker didn't really nap well and I wanted to keep him on schedule. I did take him to Toys R Us and bought him a few new toys though...that's always so much fun! On Saturday, we went to a baby sign language workshop. So, we had a pretty fun week, despite our missing link. We only have one car and Brad usually takes it to work so I was thrilled to have the car to go places!
Is it obvious that he just woke up? I got Baker up from one of his naps and this was his hair...he had a serious case of bedhead...it was everywhere. Poor kid is gonna inherit his mommy's
wavy/curly hair.
Playing with his new tractor. While at Claire's birthday party, he played with her tractor and loved it so much that I bought him one. He played with it for about 20 minutes straight while I got dinner ready. Looking like such a big boy.
At Tiny Fingers signing workshop - he was not paying attention very well. I guess he left the listening up to me!
Playing under the table at Claire's house.
The kids at Claire's party - Jack, Claire, Trey, and Baker
The sweet birthday girl
Claire got a tutu as a gift and Baker was NOT sure of it. He gave her that "What are you wearing? You're such a girl" face!
Baker's loves to pull the pillows or blankets off the furniture and lay on them likes he's resting...so precious.
The night before Brad left, I had a girls night out with some friends. We went to a cheese bar in Del Ray called Cheestique...so yummy!
Video: Okay, this video is a little long but I wanted to capture how on the move Baker is. Like all babies, he goes from one thing to the next like a little tornado, often leaving our living room looking one in a matter of seconds. This just shows a little snippet of the action. Trust me, this does not do it justice! :o)


No comments:
Post a Comment