Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Blackmons and Espinozas
All swaddled up!

Just home from the doctor - I took him out of his car seat and this is how his hat was. I thought it was too cute but he didn't take to me laughing and posing him on the couch very well! Check out that pouty lip!
Look at me! I'm 6 weeks old!
Baker and Noah together for the first time.
Such proud dads feeding the precious babies!

Brad and mini-Brad

Oh To Be Social Again!
Things are going great in the Blackmon household. This past weekend was chockful of fun for us as we spent Friday night at our friends Sara Beth and Jamey's home in Capitol Hill. They invited two other couple friends of ours from church, Christine and Trevor and Carolyn and Ed. Carolyn is the friend who had her baby Noah just one week after Baker was born so it was our first time getting together with the babies. Noah is just a doll and has the sweetest face. The two babies are growing so fast and it was great to catch up on mommy talk with her. It was funny to watch Brad and Ed with the babies. Carolyn and I just let them take over for feedings! Baker did great too. He was so content the whole evening and during his nap times, he just laid there with his eyes wide open and observed...so precious! He made us very proud. We had a lot of fun over dinner and games and laughed so hard. It was our first social activity with friends since Baker's arrival so it was totally time!

Today, Baker went to the doctor for a check-up. I had a bit of mommy paranoia about his head and was concerned that he was getting a flat head so I called the doc this morning and took him in. The nurse practitioner looked at him and said she wasn't too concerned with it. There was a spot in the middle of his head that I was worried about but that wasn't even an issue. She did think that the right side of his head was a tad bit flatter than the left but nothing big. She suggested that we roll a blanket up and tuck it under his right side when he naps to encourage him to look to the left more. So, that's what we're gonna do but it was a huge relief for us! They weighed him too, which I was so excited about because I was dying to know how much he had gained. Drum roll please................11 lbs 5 oz!! Yes, our boy has gained over 4 lbs since he arrived and we couldn't be prouder! So, he is obviously healthy and eating well. He has continued to sleep through the night every night since last Wednesday so we are loving that!

So, that's the update for now. Check back soon!

nicole

No comments: