Thursday, February 28, 2008

Look, I can lift my head!
Sniff, sniff
Bleeker giving Baker a feet washing. Look at that tongue!
Both of our boys doing tummy time.

5 Weeks Old
Today makes week 5 for baby Baker! It's crazy how time is flying by and how much he is changing. Brad and I tried to weigh and measure how long he is today...we're clearly not professionals at this but we're giving it our best to get an estimate. Feedings tend to wear my arms out now and when we hold him it feels different, hence we think he has gained weight. And judging by the outfit he had on today, they were like capris on him, we think he's getting longer, too! Our measurements are approximately: 9 lbs and 23 inches. If we're right, this means he has grown 4 inches! Can this be right? Growing 4 inches in 5 weeks? Not sure but his next appointment isn't until late March so who knows how long he'll be then!
Anyway, during our waketime, Baker practices time on his tummy. He doesn't always enjoy this. He sometimes falls asleep, so it can't be that bad. Today he lifted his head more than usual but it's really hard to capture it on camera, so I did the best I could. Bleeker likes to lick Baker's feet but today he especially seemed to enjoy it while he was doing tummy time. I'm sure our tummy times are going get to better and better each day!

No comments: