Baker Turns 7 Months!
Wow, I can't even believe that I am writing that Baker turned 7 months old on Sunday! I know, I'm late in getting his pictures up. Everyone told us that time would fly by but I guess I never really expected it to go by this fast. Baker is growing up right before our eyes and we can't stop it, though sometimes I wish I could just press the pause button on his little life and just enjoy the sweet, cuddly moments with him.
Wow, I can't even believe that I am writing that Baker turned 7 months old on Sunday! I know, I'm late in getting his pictures up. Everyone told us that time would fly by but I guess I never really expected it to go by this fast. Baker is growing up right before our eyes and we can't stop it, though sometimes I wish I could just press the pause button on his little life and just enjoy the sweet, cuddly moments with him.
He's changed so much since last month. Just at the beginning of his 6th month, he couldn't even sit up and then day by day he started to get stronger and sitting up for longer periods of time. We still surround him with pillows because you never know when he is going to take a tumble, and trust me, he does! Since his 6 month birthday, he has also cut his first tooth and started to make more pronounced noises. And for the first time, he was stable enough to sit in a buggy child seat (buggy: southern term for shopping cart)! I took him to Whole Foods on Wednesday and used the nifty little seat cover cushion that his Nana and Papa bought him before he was even born. It's really a great invention...toys attach to it and he loved getting to see all of the action, plus I didn't have to worry about the scary germs he would be touching.
We can't wait to see how he develops and grows in the coming weeks! Just in case he starts to crawl, I bought our first baby proofing gear at Babies R Us this week - outlet covers, cabinet locks, etc. We're ready if it happens but we're not so sure we're ready for him to be mobile just yet! So, we're on to a new month! I think I may just start getting into party planning mode for his 1 year birthday...yikes!! We already have ideas...is that scary?
Looking so sweet and it seems he has developed a close friendship with his giraffe.
All giggles! Don't you love his little belly in this picture? Just look how it hangs over his diaper...so funny!
The giraffe is almost smaller than he is now!
The blocks go tumbling over as soon as Baker can get his hands on them!
He couldn't stop laughing during the 12 month onesie shot. I'm actually thinking of using the 12 mth onesies now. I can't believe he can practically fit into them now!
I have no idea what he is looking at here but he looks sweet doing it!


3 comments:
I know what you mean at how fast they grow. I can't believe Avery is 5 1/2 months. She learns and discovers new things all the time. She has discovered her high pitch voice and can't stop squealing. She gets high pitched when she's happy and mad. Are you ready for another one yet?
Oh yeah, the high pitch is the craziest! It kills the ears! And no, we're not ready for #2 yet!! Why? Are you?
I would have one tomorrow but, I don't want Avery to have to a big sister yet. I want her to be my baby for a little longer. I don't think Chris is ready either. I can't get over how much I love her. I know timing is in God's hands but I wish I hadn't waited so long to have her. However, I might not have Avery if I had started sooner. I know it all works out.
Post a Comment