Sitting Up!
While we were away on vacation last week, Baker hit a pretty big milestone...learning to sit up! Thanks also to the persistence of Nana and Papa, he grew leaps and bounds from the week before where he could only do it for a few seconds. We knew he wasn't far from being able to sit because he is always trying to lean forward and pull himself up while sitting in our laps or in his stroller. He's not quite to the point where he can pull himself to sit but if we do it for him, he can sit for a few minutes (or a few seconds *smile*). Brad and I are amazed how much better is he at sitting even from last week! I've never actually timed it because, not that we don't believe in our little monkey, but we never expect him to sit for that long and before we know it, the clock has been ticking away and he's still on his bottom! There are times when we're certain it's been way more than 5 minutes. A key point he's learned is how to catch himself when he starts to topple and that's exciting! I call him our little weeble wobble. He's even grabbed for toys while sitting, so we're on to something here. The good thing about sitting up is that it opens a whole new world of play time for him, like putting toys in and taking out. Maybe it's my ADD, but I get bored with his toys probably quicker than he does, so I am thrilled that he is able to play in a whole new way now. The video below shows Baker sitting for over a minute! By the time I finally reached for the camera after he'd been sitting forever, his little abs must've been exhausted because he toppled over soon after. I have yet been able to video the really long ones...not that anyone would want to watch a video of him sitting for 5 minutes! Isn't it funny the things that we get so excited about as new parents? Now, if only we can train Bleeker to sit for that long...haha!
One more bit of news...Baker is now taking baths in the big tub. Well, he's still in his little tub, just not propped in the sink anymore. Brad and I decided to try it out since we bathed him like that at the beach and we really liked it so much better. Baker not only has the freedom to move around a lot more but so do we. And he seems to really enjoy it. He holds his little ducky and splashes around. So, despite how tiny our bathroom is, we're gonna make it work! I laughed when I saw Brad the other night squeezed in between the toilet and the towel shelf trying to bathe him...he was like a giant in this small space!
He'll be able to get anything by us if he bats those eyes!


3 comments:
I love it! He is so beautiful and you all look like you are having so much fun. Such superstar parents! Take care and know that your friends in Tallahassee miss you!
You're so right...Brad looks funny squeezed in the bathroom. I can't believe how well Baker is sitting up...and Bleeker, too!
Congratulations! Baker can now sit in one spot longer than any of my boys can! I think 5 minutes may be the longest that Baker will every sit still. It will only get shorter from here. Not longer. Sorry to disappoint you. HaHaHa! Just kidding! I am totally amazed that he is sitting so independently already! He was just born last week!
Post a Comment