Friday, March 06, 2009

13 Months - A Week in Pictures

Life is great in the Blackmon household! Baker has grown and changed so much over the past month and keeps us laughing and on our toes. I won't pretend that there aren't days where we aren't frustrated with his ever-growing need for independence and not wanting mommy or daddy to do anything for him, often ending in tantrums, but hey, this is what the toddler years are about, right? He has to learn how to do things and we have to figure out the best ways to teach him. At 13 months, he is now walking (though he still does a combo of crawling/walking still) but he walks more and more every day. His favorite things are television remotes, cell phones, and anything with electrical wires (not exactly with our approval). He has also developed a strong bond with his stuffed monkey and Little Giraffe blanket...we often see him cuddling them while he's sleeping and it's just the sweetest thing. I can already tell that the face of his monkey is starting to wear down quite a bit and worry there will be nothing left of it in a year. Maybe we should buy another one and rotate them out?

Some things he loves: Dogs, all dogs - He even loves that horribly sad ASPCA commercial that makes you want to cry. The minute it pops on the teley, his eyes are glued to the screen, he points and smiles. The kids loves dogs! He also enjoys perfecting his stride, pulling things out of drawers, looking under furniture for lost toys or anything else he can find (like dust bunnies), climbing the stairs, pretending to talk on the phone, and trying to put keys in the door. It's been so much fun to watch him learn and explore and we can't wait for spring to come so we can enjoy lots of time outdoors! I know we'll have many days in the park, running around and getting dirty and I cannot wait!


Baker pulled out the TV tray that we had under the chair and next thing I know, he was sitting in it like a sled.

Amazing the things that kids find enjoying! He was entertained with this tray for about an hour!

At his Gymboree class - When the teacher pulls out the "busy box", Baker and all his friends run to pick something out. For some reason, Baker got his toy and started wondering around. I wasn't able to get a picture of this but, he then crawled over to the mom in the white hat and was all in her business. I looked over and he had his hand on her leg for the longest time and was perfectly content without me...sigh. He stayed over there with her and the other mom for some time, until I reigned him back in! Ha!

Molly was trying to get a picture of Baker and Claire but they would NOT stay still and for fear that they were going to fall off, I had to hold on tight...might as well get in the picture then!

Getting ready for the waterfall of balls!

Baker loves fruit these days, but especially if it's been frozen and thawed out. I guess he likes the sweetness that comes out. I bought some mixed fruit the other day from Trader Joes with mango in it and he was in heaven! And as you can see, he made a big 'ole mess!
Hanging out in his wagon...

I had to post this picture because his feet cracked me up...they look like hobbit feet! Hilarious!

He loves to try to put our keys in the door and works very hard at it.

Baker puts everything up to his ear now as if it were a phone, he'll even say "hey!".
He's talking on the phone here, only the phone happens to be a calculator! Ha!

Our beautiful snowy morning on Monday...we got about 8 inches!

Baker and I even ventured out in this mess, stroller and everything, with Sarah and her little girls. Nothing wrong with walking up to Gap for a little shopping on a snowy, freezing day!
Video: I couldn't wait to see how Baker did walking at his Gymboree class. He took some falls, the edge of the mats got him every time, but did really well showing off his new skill! :o)

2 comments:

Chris, Mandy, and Avery said...

He's getting so big. I love the way a toddling baby looks. Avery is pulling up but not taking steps. I can't wait for her to be toddling. Baker looks like he is such a big boy. When are you guys coming for a visit? Would love to see you.

Anonymous said...

These photos are too cute! Baker talking on the calculator cracked me up. I can't believe he tried the keys in the door -- how smart!!