Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Two Week Catch-up

So, we're still without our camera but the good news is that our new one comes in today! We decided to go with another small point and shoot camera for convenience sake. I didn't really want to tote a big camera around when we were out. And as much as I would love an SLR camera, they are a bit pricey and we have too many expenses for that right now. We are really excited, or at least I am, about getting the new one today!! I did manage to take a few pictures in the past few days with our old, ancient digital camera. This thing seems so stone age compared to the ones they sell today but I got a few pics nonetheless. Aunt Brenda, these are for you because I know you said you needed your fix!


Baker loves to take the sides off of his wagon so that he can climb into it.

This picture was taken just before the camera officially went on the fritz...probably because I dropped it but I was trying to grab Baker and it fell out of my hand.

You can see the fuzziness in this one but I love it anyway. Brad attached Baker's monkey to his back and he played like that forever, until it was time to go to bed. It's also ironic that he's playing with the vacuum cleaner because it scares him when it's on.
But he was entertained for a long time!

Can you tell why we need another camera?

I go to Baker's room to check on him every night just before we go to bed. It's also just so I can see how sweet he is when he sleeps. I could watch it forever. I was very brave this night a few weeks ago when I attemted to take a picture. I can't believe how bright it is with the flash...looks like it's middle of the day. But he didn't even flinch.

Precious!

Sunday was gorgeous and 62 so we walked over to Founder's Park with Bleeker and met our friends, Carolyn, Ed and Noah out there. I don't know what happened but
I have no pictures of them. :( I think the "slow as Moses" camera got me too frustrated.
Sitting by the water of the Potomac River

Baker walking through the park. He was so timid and wanted to stay very close by. With a little encouragement, he started to explore a bit. Still a few weeks in to walking, he's not totally confident in his stride just yet.

There was the cutest little yorkie and being the dog lover that Baker is (he gets it honestly), he walked over to her and wanted to play. A dog will always get his attention!

3 comments:

Chris, Mandy, and Avery said...

I always check on Avery every night before I go to bed. I stand there and melt as I hear her deep peaceful breaths. The night of her birthday she had a high hum that sounded like singing with each breath. It was by far the sweetest sound. Baker is really getting so big.

The Lee Family said...

So cute! Love all the curls!

Carla

Anonymous said...

Oh, Nicole, those curls at the back of his head are to die for! Sooo precious!