DC had some great weather this week, therefore, we had a great week! Good weather means time out of the house and afternoons at the park, which Baker loves. He loves to be outside and when we're at the park, he always runs over to the big kids and wants to play with them. Bless his heart, the older kids (as in 3 and 4 years old) often ignore him and he just has this "I want to play with you" look and it makes me sad. I feel that protective mommy coming out in me. Funny right? But if you were to see how eager he is around them, you would be sad too. ;) But he always finds a friend in the younger ones, however, those always end up in some tug of war or tantrum over a toy. I've heard the horrid playground stories and now I'm living it. Oh, the joys of city parks. I have a lot to look forward to!
This could very well be one of my favorite pictures of him ever! He is absolutely perfect! You can't see them that good but he's wearing the cutest little monkey slippers Nana and Papa gave him last Christmas but he's just now able to wear them without constantly pulling them off. They jingle when he walks so the minute he gets them on, he walks all over and can't take his eyes off of them.
Our sweet baby dog takes a nap, that is until his mommy takes a picture and disturbs him.
"Whatchu lookin' at Willis?"
"Hey, fancy meeting you here!"
He'll find anything to climb on to get into something. He even tries to climb into the drawers now of the TV cabinet...of course I have to stop him because he'll break them!
Breakfast disaster - The other morning, we had a service guy come to the house right in the middle of Baker eating his breakfast. I was getting ready to help feed him yogurt when he got there so instead of helping him, I had to put the bowl on his tray and pray for the best so I could talk to this guy. Well, moments later, I returned and my precious Baker had it all over his face, all down the front of his bib, his hands were all in it, it was not pretty. It could have been a lot worse, like in his hair and all over the floor so I have to give him credit. I'm not sure much made it into his mouth, but he gets an A for effort!
The other day at the park, Baker played with his first toy stroller and he couldn't get enough of it. So much so that I am now in the market to buy one for him, only we prefer it isn't pink. That's all I'm finding so far so if anyone knows where I can get one that looks more like a boy, let me know! Thanks to the nanny that let Baker play with it! Poor little guy, when the little girl came and took it from him, he was not a happy camper. We had to head home after this!
Ha! Baker walking with a bag over his head. I hate this picture is blurry but it still has great memories for me. Baker put this bag over his head and was walking all over the room with it. When I took the picture, the flash was off but oh well! You get the idea! He is one funny dude!
Baker found an old lock and key and was so into it for 2 days. He knew that the key went into the hole but couldn't figure out how to get in there. He was playing in his playpen quietly and when I looked to see what he was doing, he was very intensely trying to figure out how. I had to catch a picture of his curiosity but when he saw the light from the camera come on, he immediately gave me a smile!


1 comment:
Here's a thought on the stroller thing. Why don't you get him a little shopping cart and that way he still gets to push something and it's not pink. You can get all different colors. Chris's mom tells the story that he had one when he was little and they would take it everywhere, especially to the grocery store.
Post a Comment