I had heard from friends with older kids that changes in personality and development are really noticeable in children between 14 and 16 months and I would definitely say that we are seeing them now with Baker. He started signing a few months ago but it was only for "milk" and "more", then he started signing "eat". Just this week, he signs for "bed". If we ask him if he's ready to go to bed, he'll put his little hand up to the side of of his face...sweet. We're really working on "please" and "thank you" but that's not going so well. Other than that, the signing is definitely coming along.
We've also been working on teaching him facial features and this week he has learned his ears, nose, head and sometimes eyes but when you ask him where his eyes and mouth are, he usually points to his nose...everything is his nose! However, today, I asked him where mommy's eyes were and he almost gauged my eyes out, so I think he knows that now! I think I must ask him a thousand times a day where his features are because I just love to watch him point to them! It makes us so proud. Something funny - when he points to his nose, he'll grab it and blow like he's blowing his nose!! Ha!
The pics below are showing a few other things that he has started doing as of the past 2 weeks since we moved.
Looking a little sexy. One day last week, I went into his nursery after his nap and he had taken his arm out of his shirt. I burst out laughing. The next day, he did it during both naps! I'm not sure if it was just a phase but he certainly figured it out. But just look at that face...isn't that expression darling?
Baker the tourist...camera case wrapped around his neck and camera ready to take pictures!
Spiderman! Since we moved, Baker has really mastered climbing, so much that we are really having to keep a close watch on him now. Our living room has this huge bay window overlooking the street. There always buses and cars going by that he loves to watch. Baker will grab the handle and climb up the wall so that he can see out. He's found other ways to look out though - he'll climb up on his activity table and stand on top of it. That always panics me so I never can catch a picture...I'm too busy pulling him off! He's also discovered the filing box next to our desk that he'll climb up on to reach the lamp or anything else on the desk. He's almost climbing up on the couch by himself now too. Ugh...simple baby proofing just doesn't do it anymore!
Yesterday, he was playing with his shape sorter and when he walked away, I noticed what he had done. It's totally wrong except for the star in the middle but how sweet is his effort? I couldn't help but smile when I saw this.
Very seriously reading his book. Moments earlier he had it turned upside down.
Little stinker...playing with the a/c cord but I still love this picture for some reason.
Video: Jumping! Last week, I noticed him looking at himself in the mirror and laughing. He was laughing at himself trying to jump and I guess he thought his effort was funny. He's not really jumping but you can tell that he knows he's doing something different, therefore, I can't resist the urge to ask him repeatedly, and you'll notice how much, to jump!


2 comments:
Too cute! He is getting so big and his curls are getting so long. Love them!
Carla
Woohoo, Baker's definitely bringing sexy back with that off the shoulder look!! That is really too funny! Oh, he looks so precious and like so much fun in all these photos. and very adventurous. Do you ever find yourself asking, "How much longer til nap time??"
When did you start working with him to sign? I've been thinking that I'd like to teach Emma to say "done" or "down" when she's done eating, because as it is she starts trying to climb out of her seat. Or flailing her arms at incoming food. Obviously, we hope (and work towards) that eventually she'll sit pleasantly with the rest of the family, engaging in conversation about relevant matters of the day, but for now a down sign would suffice....
Post a Comment