Sunday, September 06, 2009

Baltimore Aquarium

Brad and I wanted to go away somewhere for Labor Day weekend but not planning it enough in advance and to save us from spending too much money, we decided to make it a staycation instead! So, on Saturday we made a day trip to Baltimore to visit the aquarium and on Sunday we drove up to Harper's Ferry, WV for the day (more pics on that to come). We had a great time in Baltimore and just as we expected, Baker loved the aquarium but since they don't allow strollers in there, I think he enjoyed running free more than the fish! For Brad and I, this aquarium has nothing on the Georgia Aquarium but Baker didn't know that...he loved it! We were there by 10 am and then had lunch at PF Chang's, which we love and hadn't had since I was pregnant, and then took a walk down the Inner Harbor, but not before making a stop at Barnes and Noble for Baker to play with the train table. Baker crashed in the car and fell right back to sleep when we got home at 3:30. He was clearly exhausted after a big day!


Daddy and Baker getting swallowed up by the big mouth!

In awe of the fish!

Loving the turtle



We got to watch the scuba divers swimming with and feeding the turtles and sting rays while we were there. That was neat! Notice this poor turtle is missing a fin...aww.

Playing in the discovery area. It took a while for us to teach him not to pour the sand all over the floor but in the box...he finally got it!

The next few pics are from the jellyfish exhibit. They are so beautiful and take such amazing pictures that I couldn't stop snapping. Hopefully you'll like them too!

Baker watching them closely.

Seriously amazing!





Thomas the Train table...always a big hit with Baker!

Daddy and Baker at the harbor with the USS Constellation in the back.

The dragon boats...I really wanted to do this but Baker needed his nap.

More USS Constellation

No comments: