Baker is a great eater as long as it's something that he likes. What does he like? His favorites are: hummus, couscous, macaroni and cheese, cheese (esp. string cheese), chicken nuggets (but only the freezer kind so we try to buy organic or he loves Chick-fil-A...otherwise, forget about chicken), veggie burgers (esp. Dr. Praeger's or Morningstar chicken patties), fish sticks, blueberries, strawberries, carrots, green beans, cottage cheese, yogurt smoothies, bagels with veggie cream cheese, french fries and ketchup. I know I'm forgetting stuff but these are his favorites. It doesn't sound like very much now that I'm writing it out.
The meal we struggle with more than anything is breakfast! It's never been a real easy meal to feed him. We've tried so many options thinking, "Oh, he'll definitely like this" and then he doesn't. We've tried waffles, bananas (he's never been a big fan but it comes and goes), pancakes, eggs, oatmeal, grits, toast and english muffins with cream cheese/jam/butter, etc, Amy's organic fruit toasters, you name it we've probably tried it. We fed him baby cereal mixed with baby pureed fruit for a long time, also yogurt, but he seemed to be getting bored with it and we wanted to get him into something more toddler-like.
So, the other day, I thought you know what, he loves Cheerios so why not just try them in milk? The idea always made me nervous...all I could see was mess. But guess what? He devoured it and ate it with a spoon with very little mess! So now, he eats about 2 bowl fulls every morning. Thank God we found a non-messy winner, at least for now!
I bought some frozen chocolate bananas hoping it would change his mind. He pretty much just picked the chocolate off!


No comments:
Post a Comment