but they could definitely be brothers!
Saturday Outing
Today, Brad and I took our very first venture out with the baby, aside from our walk a few weeks ago. We actually braved the crowds and had our first lunch out at our favorite Le Pain Quotidien that just opened up a shop in Old Town! We were a bit nervous about getting out with him due to the weather and the fact that it's flu season, but we figured going out to eat and keeping him covered in his car seat where no one could get near him would be okay. Going out was a necessity for us, especially for me since I sit at home all day every day. We've been playing it very safe with Baker because we simply don't want him to get sick. But today was a lot of fun, feeling like a little family strolling through the neighborhood.
Old Town was celebrating St. Patrick's Day today by hosting a rather large parade that brought out tons of people along with other festive events, including a fun dog show. The event for dogs attracted hundreds of people and tons of dogs! So, while Brad stayed in with Baker, I had to get Bleeker out there so he could have a little fun. Brad and I make every effort to show him the same amount of love as we did before but I knew he could use a little extra TLC. Needless to say, this event was a hit with him as I think every dog in DC came out for it! He had a lot of fun socializing with other dogs and I enjoyed seeing many of them in their costumes for the dog parade. Brad and I also walked over to the nail salon where my water broke! We really wanted to introduce them to Baker since they played such an interesting role in the labor process. I'm sure that they don't have very many women whose water breaks while in their salon, if any! They totally remembered me and one of the sweet little women said, "Oh, you were the one who was very panicked"...ha! I totally was! They thought Baker was a doll, of course :o), and were really happy that I came in. Overall, it was a great day for the family. We look forward to the weather getting warmer so that we can have more outings with the boys!


2 comments:
YAY!!! I think getting out is the key to happy motherhood...and it sounds like you guys had fun so that's great. For the record, I asked my pediatrician about taking Ellis out and she was very positive/encouraging about it! She even said we could fly with her already if we want, but we're gonna wait until April for that one.
Cutie Pie! I love the picture of Baker smiling. How precious!
I am so glad you got out. I know it did all of you a lot of good.
You all look great! Rested even!
Love the pics!
Carla
Post a Comment