The past few days, not including this dreary day, have been wonderful with mild temperatures in the 70s. I've been dying to take Baker to the park because he loves to be outside but it's been way too hot. Plus, it's a great photo opportunity and you know I never miss one of those! So I took advantage of the weather, packed a few blankets and headed to Founders Park with our little monkey. I sat him down and right away, he bent over to touch the grass. He was enamoured by it and couldn't stop touching it. I know, it's sad that he's never touched grass before but we don't have a yard, only a little patio. That's city living for you. We're just happy we have a patio! Anywhoo, we had been out there for about 30 minutes when I called Brad and found out he was almost home from work. So he went inside to get Bleeker and walked over to the park to meet us. It was so nice to have the four of us, sitting out in the park for the first time as a family. The park is just a few blocks away and is right on the water so I'm really looking forward to the weather turning more comfortable so we can spend more time out there.
Baker was so content out there from the moment we arrived! He wouldn't put his hands down and kept doing this new thing with his hands where he just bends his wrists back and forth like he's waving. This has been going for a few weeks now...it's pretty sweet.
Must touch grass!
Baker didn't mind the grass at all, even when I sat him in it! And thanks to some stranger for taking this picture of me and boy. I LOVE how he is smiling so pretty in this pic!

Those hands must be yummy because he chews on them all the time, especially his thumb. And I adore this close-up of him...shows how handsome he is!
Those hands must be yummy because he chews on them all the time, especially his thumb. And I adore this close-up of him...shows how handsome he is!
Video of Baker playing in the grass. Pardon the noise in the background-we live in the flight path of Reagan National Airport.


1 comment:
What fun memories. Baker is getting so big. Just seeing him sit without assistance makes him look like such a big boy.
Post a Comment