Friday, September 19, 2008

Up to No Good

Our little one is turning into quite the mischievious one! The other morning, I went to get him up for the day and when I walked into his room, I was shocked to see that he had taken one of his dirty towels from his clothes bin and had it wrapped around his waist. You see, his nursery isn't the largest room in the world and every nook is used for something practical. Beside his crib is the changing table but there is a small gap in between the two so we have the stool from our rocker glider wedged in (there isn't enough room for that to be used either...once again, city living!) and on top of that sits his little dirty clothes basket. I'm guessing that he reached his tiny arm between the slats of his crib and pulled out the towel. Immediately, I called Brad in and we both got a good laugh out of it. He's always into something these days! Just today, I found him chewing on Bleeker's ball...ugh! Bleeker dropped his ball at Baker's feet while he was playing on the floor (bless him, he thinks that Baker is going to throw it for him...one day!) and I had just turned around to get some toys out of his basket for him to play with. Next thing I know, Baker had picked it up and started to eat it. That is disgusting!


Baker and his sweet morning face. As you can see, he has the towel totally wrapped around his waist. The other picture shows how close his bin is to the crib.
More naughtiness but also how absolutely precious he is when he naps...and sucking on those fingers!
Also, Baker is getting pretty good at rolling off of things, which in turn is not so good for us. The days of us laying him down and staying put are long gone, and have been for months now. In the past 2 months or so we've noticed that if we lay him on the couch or bed, he will flip over to his stomach and inch his way off the edge of the sofa until he tips off. We're there to catch him of course but it's a good thing to know how he does it. Instant flipping is what he does so well now but it makes diaper changes and clothes changes a really difficult task. Brad and I have both begun to master dressing him backwards and putting his diaper on while he is on his stomach. He's such a wiggle worm! Anyway, last night when getting ready for bed, he kept flipping over while I was trying to dress him and he kept inching his way off. Baker would get such a kick out of the fact that he was standing up beside the bed. Brad grabbed the camera and video'd it but of course, at this point he had already done this about 5 times so it was getting a bit old.


I love how cute he is from behind!
One more video - Brad is being naughty this time, teaching Baker bad things...throwing this really soft, cloth ball at Baker's head and he thought it was funny! I promise it's soft & weighs nothing so please don't think we were being mean!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys are SO Blessed!!!!! Not that Bleeker wasn't enough, BUT...Baker is PRECIOUS!!!!!

Okay...I gotta' get married and have a kid soon!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!

I Love and miss you guys. I can't wait to see you and meet this precious Blessing!!!!! (and see Bleeker again!!!!!)