This past week, Baker turned 14 months old! It's so hard to believe that he is already 2 months into his second year. Time is truly flying by and the next month is only going to go by faster with our upcoming move. Baker is turning into an independent little toddler more and more each day. Just this past week, he started signing, finally! I wasn't sure he ever would because we've been doing it with him since he was about 8 months old (but not very consistently) and thought that he just wasn't interested in it. We've heard stories from friends that some kids just don't do it and we thought that would be the case with Baker. But this week, he started signing "milk" and "more". (I posted a video below of him signing for milk so be sure to watch it.) He also does his own little thing for bath where he acts like he's washing his hair. And just this week, he's started blowing kisses...gotta love it! But our most favorite thing that he does - he loves to give kisses!! All we say is "Baker, give mommy/daddy kisses" and he leans in very sweetly and slowly and pecks us. Nothing is more precious than a kiss from your own baby. All the money in the world couldn't replace that. Watching him communicate with us in all these different ways is just amazing and so cute to watch but being able to communicate with him also makes life a lot easier for us.
Having not posted much in the past 2 weeks, I feel like I'm having to play catch up on all the things he's doing now! So, here is a few other bits -- If we ask him where his belly button is or where is mommy or daddy's, he will pull up his shirt (or ours) and put his finger in it. As long as he doesn't do this to us in public, we will be okay! He also tries to put on his shoes...the keyword here is try. He is no where near getting them on but he does put the shoe up against his foot. A for effort, right?
So, things are definitely changing around here. Some changes are not so pleasant, like teething. Baker has 2 bottom molars now and at least one on top peaking through. Of course I haven't checked in a week so there could be more. But the drool is overflowing and it effects his temperment without doubt. But we're pressing through it because for every rough day, there is a really amazing day to make up for it!
The following pictures are of Baker hamming it up for the new camera. I can't turn it on without him cheesing for it. You can definitely see a similar smile in all of them! What's interesting is that you can see how silly he is at home but he still has a very cautious side to him when we're out in public. I think a lot of friends never see this side of him because he's always so timid. Hopefully he'll grow out of that!
Playing in his messy playpen. He loves to dump all of his toys out and stand on them. This particular time, he was standing in the blue box and trying to reach for the window blinds cord...that is until he saw the camera!
Just look at that face...up to no good. And he's sporting his new Cambridge Univ. shirt his Nana and Papa sent from England. He's gotten all kinds of fun things while they've been away!
Once again, he spots the camera...
And again. He's too funny.
Daddy takes Baker for a ride in his wagon. He'll climb in it and expect us to push him around...he loves it! I can't wait until we move and he has more room to play with it!
Video: So, this is Baker signing for milk but bear with the first part. I wanted to get a video of him doing it but I made the mistake of asking him if he wanted milk. Saying that always gets him worked up because he then wants it immediately. So, he's a bit upset in the beginning, he signs in the middle and you can see how much he wanted the milk in the end!


2 comments:
Awww! That was so precious! I wish I could cry and sign for "more videos, more videos"! He's so sweet!
Great video! He is so smart. I'm glad he is getting the hang of sign language. It will help you so much until he learns to talk.
I really love his curls!!
Carla
Post a Comment