Friday, August 21, 2009

Lindsey Comes to Visit!

After our trip to NC week before last, my 12 year old niece Lindsey decided to come back to DC with us. I had mentioned that I would probably brave it out and drive back to NC this past week while Brad was in LA for work. So, knowing that I would be coming back, Lindsey thought it would be fun to stay with us for the week! We were shocked that she wanted to come so far away for that long but thrilled. Brad had to work the whole week and spent a few days in NYC but we had a great time venturing out anyway. It was nice for me because I had an extra set of hands for a busy week. I got spoiled with that!! She is a great help and Baker loves her, so we had an awesome time! The pictures below are pretty much a compilation from our week.


Baker likes to put his sunglasses on. I thought it was funny that he even continued to play with them on...cool dude!

At our MOPS playdate at Sara Beth's house - Hartford and Baker enjoyed some time in the pool. Baker isn't too fond of getting splashed in the face, so he wouldn't even attempt stepping his tiny toe in the water until the bigger boys got out! Once he finally did, he and Lindsey spent at least 30 minutes in there and had a blast!

Baker and Caroline on their first date. Hehe! Isn't she a doll?

One afternoon, we went to the Capitol Building. Lindsey had never been so close to it and thought it was pretty amazing.

They have a new cafe in there to eat at so after Lindsey bought some souvenirs at the gift shop, we ate lunch there. Baker looked like such a big boy sitting in a chair eating his mac 'n cheese, until I found a high chair at least!

In front of the Supreme Court.

At our MOPS playdate at Upton Regional Park - Noah and Baker enjoyed some down time from the pool and lunch.

This park is amazing! They have three pools - lap pool, a zero entry kiddie pool, and a huge pool for the older kids plus 2 water slides, a splash area, a putt-putt course, and a batting cage. Baker was enamored with the little water fountains that came up around the entry of the kiddie pool!

Lindsey lived on the water slides! She must have gone up and down them at least 20 times!

Mommy and her little man

Lindsey at the top of the slides!

Still playing with the squirting water.

The kiddie pool was next to the slides so Baker kept running to the fence to find Lindsey...sweet.

Having SO much fun!

Baker was playing so well around the edge of the pool for a while but I took him further into it when he got splashed in the face and it pretty much set him over the edge. So, for about 30 minutes, he was freaking out in the pool and didn't want to leave my side. I left for about 15 minutes to go down the slides with Lindsey while friends held and played with him. Once we ate lunch, he must have gained his confidence back because he slowly got into the water on his own! I was so proud! I feel like all summer long, he's been so unsure of water so this moment was exciting for me! The kiddie pool is really small so I sat on the edge to see if he would walk through the water to get to me and sure enough, he did! My brave little man!
Lindsey and Baker

Later that day - I love that Lindsey wanted to put his monkey slippers on with his outfit....it's too cute to me!

Enjoying some mashed potatoes, only more ended up on his face, hands
and bib than in his mouth!

Lindsey teaches Baker how to play with the shape sorter. She would point to the right hole and he would put the shape in. He would get really excited and bounce up and down when he got it right. She's a great teacher!
Video: Baker playing at the pool.

No comments: