Monday, August 24, 2009

Week Two in NC With the DanClan (daniels clan)

My niece, Lindsey, came to visit us week before last and since Brad had to travel to LA last week, I took her back on Monday and stayed through Friday. It was nice to get away with Baker, getting that little extra help with him, rather than staying home and feeling lonely. We had a busy week and a great time but missed Bradley!

On Sunday, before we left for NC, Brad and I took Lindsey and Baker to a few museums. We wanted to make sure Lindsey got to see some of the cool stuff at the museums before going back home. So, we took her to the Natural History Museum and the Museum of Amercian History. She had to see the ruby slippers from Oz and all of the animals at the "dead zoo" as she called it!

While Brad took her around the American History museum, I let Baker explore the discovery zone so that he could break free from his stroller. He insisted on hanging out with the older kids building big kid stuff as opposed to the section for smaller kids. No matter how hard I tried to reign him back in to his area, he was determined to run to their section. I love the look on the kid's face next to him, like don't touch my stuff! :) And of course, while we were separated, Brad and Lindsey saw Bill Gates! This stuff never happens to me.

Look at what our genius child built! Just kidding!
Some other kid did this and Baker just tore it apart.

He was into these tinker toys. He didn't build this one either. :)
In North Carolina...

When we got back to NC, Lindsey gave the boys a puppet show using Baker's finger puppets.

But Baker insisted on wearing the stage around his head instead! He was the star of the show!

One afternoon, we went to the mall there...wow, I forgot how terrible this mall is. How on earth did I grow up shopping here...and working here. Working retail at Maurices was my first real job when I was 15. I thought I was so cool to be wearing color blocked Paris Blues shirts and stirrup pants...ha! My first job that I got paid for was cropping tobacco...NOT fun! That's a whole other posting in itself!

Baker doing his Zoolander pose. Drew must have put this hat on his head while we were rummaging through his toy chest.

Attempting to wear one of the kid's Crocs. I love that they are not only on the wrong feet but completely backwards altogether!

Sitting in the midst of all the toys. My brother's house is a dreamland for any kid...toys galore but for Baker it was all the trucks and cars he could ever wish for.

He loved to climb up on their bench and chairs. You'd think that taking a big fall off of one of them would have taught him a lesson but no, he kept on doing it!

At the pool - Baker managed to get two floats around him!

Celebrating Ben's 8th birthday - I was thrilled to be there to celebrate it because we are never able to make the kid's birthdays! It meant a lot to me to share it with him!

Brian and Shannon started a tradition a few years ago to celebrate birthdays in the morning so the birthdays last all day. So, we ate cake for breakfast...yum!

Baker loved seeing the gifts Ben got!

Wow, a scooter!! This is how Baker wanted to ride it.

Baker with Papaw - I ADORE this picture of the two of them!

There was pure joy on his face when Papaw let him play with his model cars!

Drew the cowboy!

Baker testing out knight gear

The cousins - Seth, Lindsey, Baker, Ben, Drew
Video: Baker and Drew were playing so funny together one morning before we headed to the pool. Drew was playing chase with him and Baker thought it was the most fun thing! He thinks the boys are just the coolest and immitates everything they do, good or bad! :) They taught him to blow raspberries on their arm, burp, all the things that boys do! One funny incident, not sure if I told this story yet but if I did, disregard it! My memory is horrible. We were having dinner one night and Drew was really upset about something and crying. He had his hands over his face crying. Next thing we know, Baker is covering his face with his hands, peeking through them to see us, and making the saddest wimper. He was totally immitating what Drew was doing and kept on for some time. We laughed so hard...it was hilarious!

No comments: