Monday, August 10, 2009

To Smock or Not To Smock...

Anyone from the south knows what smocking means. But it's a different story with those from the north...they have no idea what smocking is and you would likely never see it north of Virginia. Yes, Brad and I are from the south but we have never really gotten into the whole smocking thing. It's cute on other people's kids but it's just not a style that we've ever been drawn to, especially Brad, but most men up here are not for it. They'd say it looks girly. But I started having these emotions running through me realizing that Baker was growing up and halfway to the big 2s. I didn't want to regret going through his entire babyhood without seeing him in one of these little outfits and I was running out of time since we wouldn't dress him in it after two...yes, all of this probably sounds ridiculously silly. I know that if my mom were alive, she would probably love it and I know Brad's mom loves it too!

So, I found this mom in DC wanting to get rid of all her traditional baby boy's clothes. She was also a southern transplant in DC and her husband hated these clothes but she bought them anyway. I bought this practically brand new outfit from her for dirt cheap when she paid about $80 for it. Honestly, if I hadn't found such a good deal, I wouldn't have bought it and we would've gone without. I just wanted that one picture for the books...ha! So, Baker has worn it twice...when we visited Brad's parents in Cleveland and last Sunday to church. But I got my picture of him in it and yes, he does look very cute, like a little angel. It is certainly not our typical style but who cares...he can look cute in anything!!


One of our friends said he looked like a little cherub...sweet.

Hesitant at first, he happily walked into the big nursery and went straight for the kitchen.

Time for mommy's photoshoot - virtually impossible to take a picture when he's constantly on the move.

I love that he's holding his firetruck in this picture. He loves trucks...such a boy!

Close-up

No comments: