When it comes to the teley, we really don't want Baker to be addicted to the tube but we also give him time during the day to watch it. Honestly, Sesame Street is the only show he will sit (or stand) to watch. He truly loves it and because he finds so much joy in it, how can we keep it from him? I dvr it often so we always have it handy. We usually have about 10 minutes of "video" time just before we go upstairs for a nap. We started signing the word "video" so that's what we call it and he signs it back. I love this time because he sits sweetly in my lap and cuddles and it kind of calms him down. I usually turn it on again as I'm getting dinner ready just for entertainment purposes so that I can get it done without too much chaos in the kitchen.
A behavior specialist I know told us that she didn't think that the television was bad. She just said that the problem with tv is that usually communication drops when it's on as all eyes are glued to it. Her 12 month old watches it too but her suggestion was to encourage talking throughout it. So, that's exactly what we do but we still would never let him watch a video for hours...unless we're on a roadtrip! :)
These are just a couple of pictures of Baker sitting in his little chair that his Mamaw (Brad's Mamaw) gave him. I pulled out the other day and sat it in the living room. I then sat at the desk and when I turned around to see what Baker was doing, he was sitting sweetly in his chair watching Sesame Street...his favorite show on the planet!
************************************************************************************
Video: This has no relation to the teley dilemma. It's actually a quick little video of Baker pushing his police car around making "woo woo" sounds. Since we live in one of the crazy parts of DC, there are sirens constantly going by our house...firetrucks, police cars, and ambulances. Baker loves them all and when he hears one, he stops, points and says "Ooooo". So, this is his immitation of a police car! Too cute!


No comments:
Post a Comment