Sunday, October 04, 2009

Disney's The Christmas Carol Train Tour

This past Wednesday, Disney's train tour promoting their new movie made a stop at DC's Union Station. Of course since Baker loves him a "choo choo", we had to go and met up with Carolyn and Noah. Baker was enamored at first and was really excited about seeing the train, even though we ride on the Metro here. I guess it never gets old to him! We got to do this fun character morph and make a photo of ourselves. Baker made the sweetest Tiny Tim ever! Funny enough, I was Tiny Tim too but a very scary version. As soon as Walmart emails the pictures to us, I hope to be able to upload them! The train tour was great but I was hoping it would be a bit more hands on. It was basically a behind the scenes of making The Christmas Carol. Still pretty interesting and if nothing else, something new to do with our tot! It's exhausting trying to come up with new ideas of things to do with him!


They had carollers standing at the entrance to the gate!

Baker liked the fake snow. That's the train on the right.

Baker and Noah, so excited to see the train!

Baker handed his ticket to get it punched like a pro!

Getting ready to go in!

Wow, walking through the first car. They didn't allow flash photography in the train so it was a bit difficult to get good pictures.

Standing in front of Big Ben. The entire movie was filmed in room about the size of this train car and the Big Ben shown here, as well as the house (I don't have a picture of it), were the actual models used in making the movie!

Baker loved the faux fireplace.

I ran into my friend Rebecca (in pink) and her two kids while waiting in line to see a sneak 3-D preview of the movie.

Baker wearing his 3-D glasses...hahaha!!

They were giving out train conductor hats so you know Baker loved that!

On our walk back home, we stopped by the playground for some more fun. Wearing Baker out for his nap is a must!

Baker gets ready to go down the big, curvy slide but not before pointing something out...this is his "Oooo" face. He still doesn't get into going down the slide on his bottom an insists on going down backwards!

Playing with sticks, chestnuts, and whatever else he finds on the ground.

Heading home. I gave Baker his hat back and moments later, this is the way he was wearing it!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Ellis and I love looking at these pictures. She loves to see what "Bake-uh" is doing. Isn't it crazy how old they've gotten? Anyways, is Baker wearing New Balance sneakers? 'Cause I think Ellis has the same ones!