Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Morning at the Air & Space Museum

Last Friday, Carolyn and Noah met Baker and I at the National Air & Space Museum. I've been wanting to take Baker there since he's been old enough to enjoy it and he most certainly did! The moment we walked into the door, he saw the airplanes hanging from the ceiling and immediately starting yelling "airpane! airpane!", formerly known as "airpeen". He proceeded to yell this word for the next hour or so, loud enough for the whole world to hear. As sweet as it was, it did get a bit old! :) But I guess his little voice is so sweet that it never gets old. I'm sure I'll change my mind later when he's older and won't stop chattering and all I want is a moment of silence. But we had a great morning out and I think Baker and Noah certainly had fun.


The real Wright Brothers' airplane! Craziness. I have no idea how they had the confidence to fly on this thing!

'
Since I used to be a flight attendant for American Airlines, I think I enjoyed this museum as much as Baker did. It was neat to see the really old passenger planes, esp. the AA ones. I can't imagine working on those old planes but I now back in the day they were the creme de la creme!


Baker and Noah were watching a helicopter movie with complete fascination.

I have no idea what this is called but I know it once was on the moon. Having to chase after a little one made stopping to enjoy the exhibits a bit difficult. I literally saw everything at a glance!

Baker flies his first airplane!

If only you could really see how excited he was in this picture. His face was priceless. If you click on it to make it larger you can probably tell a little better!

Apollo 11

The space stuff was the coolest. Don't you like my technical terms?

Baker and Noah ran for days, chasing each other, and just had fun!

Note the other AA plane in the back

Hmmm, wonder if I would have been hired back in the '50s? The requirements to be a flight attendant then were crazy! I thought f/a training was crazy now. Imagine what it would have been like then! Eeek!

No comments: