Friday, October 30, 2009

Strolling the Memorials

I constantly find myself searching for something to do to occupy my mornings that gets Baker out of the house because we both go stir crazy if we're couped up all day, especially him. What I love about living in the district is how close we live to all of the museums and monuments...a short train/car ride or walking distance. So, earlier this week, I thought I would head back out to the memorials and let Baker run free. I left the stroller in the car this time so that we could go to the top of the Lincoln Memorial and I wouldn't have to be worried about someone running off with it. Baker climbed all the way to the top and all the way back down, then we walked along the Reflecting Pool, watched the ducks, to the WWII Memorial, back around the other side of the pool and then to the car. Wow! That was one tiring day! And would you believe that Baker donly slept an 1.5 hours that day? I thought for sure he'd sleep 2-3. Oh well! So much for me wearing him out!



Baker looks so small next to Lincoln. He seemed a bit taken back by the size of Lincoln's statue when we finally reached the top.

Such a pretty view of the city

Walking alongside the Reflecting Pool. If you've never been to DC, you can tell how far one monument is to the next. This is literally the halfway point to the WWII Memorial and about a third of the way to the Washington Monument.

Stopping to see the ducks -I was literally having to hold him back from reaching out to them in the water. Can you imagine what that picture would have looked like?

I guess these geese are used to all of the people, or at least this one was, because he let us get really close to him!

Standing proudly at the WWII Memorial. Thanks to both of our granddads who fought in this war!

He was wowed by the big water fountains everywhere!

Taking a break.

Walking on the other side of the pool.

And finally the walk back to the car but not before we stop by the World War Memorial. Funny enough, Brad and I have never been to this one. We always see it in the distance but never cared to make a stop. We didn't even know what it was for until this trip!

No comments: