Boys, Oh Joy!
I must say that boys are a handful! When Baker hangs out with his boy friends, it's a completely different situation from when he's with the girls. They just play so rough! I'm amazed at how rough a 2 1/2 year old can be and I'm so sure that I'm ready for it. We were at our friends', the Espinozas, house last weekend for dinner and Carolyn's friends were there with their 2 1/2 year old Trenton. We've played together before but several months ago. The three of them were just wild. I mean wild. It's a complete game of monkey-see monkey-do. What one does, the other does. If one spits, the other spits. Yuck! Boys! Whatever one says, the other repeats.
Even yesterday at church, I was at Bible study and dropped Baker off at the nursery. When it was over, I found one of the big toys, the play laundry room, in the hallway because Baker and Noah kept climbing on top of it! What? My baby? Makes total sense now that I caught him standing on top of his kitchen the other day...he's been practicing at church!
It's hilarious to watch, but at the same time, there is something about it that makes me sad...seeing a 2 year old's need to fit in at such a young age. But I know it's just part of growing up and all kids go through it. I saw it over and over when I taught preschool. Regardless, I want Baker to know that he doesn't have to prove anything at home to make us love him because we love him no matter what!
Up to no good - Baker, Noah and Trenton having their crackers.
Noah's "cheese" face looks just like Baker's "cheese" face, the smile that looks like it hurts. :)
Where they spent much of their "up to no good" time, under the table. There were many cracker crumbs under there!
A few days earlier, Baker and I went to Noah's house to play. Here they are coloring with Carolyn's mom, Ms. Ellis, who I just love!


No comments:
Post a Comment