Thursday, March 04, 2010

Imagination in Action

I'm blown away at the imagination that Baker has, as most toddlers have. It's absolutely amazing and so much fun to sit back and watch. Of course, a good bit of the time, we have to play right along with him. He loves for us to bring his dolls/animals to life by making them talk and he will talk right back to them as if they are real, not even acknowledging us. And if we should stop, he is right there to get us back on track and insists that we carry on. So basically, once we start, it's really difficult to get out of it! I have a feeling he will be one of those kids with many imaginary friends. :)

He's really starting to play with his toys in a new way now. Instead of just pushing a truck or his airplane around, he'll often take the Little People that go with them and create a scene with them, putting them in it, letting them "walk" or rather bounce up the stairs, talking, etc. It's just really cool to be a part of it. Like most first time parents, I've never been around a kid every single day since birth and witnessed the changes and growth like this so it's just the coolest thing.

Letting me take a picture of him with his elephant in the background that has become one of his favorite toys of the week. You know how kids go through these phases.
Saying "cheese". He really wanted to see the picture in the camera but I told him he needed to let me take a picture of him first and this what he gave me. Love it.
He said his elephant was drinking water, from his play kitchen spoon. Ha! I thought that was funny.
Just one of the many quirky things I often find around the house. Nothing like Christmas straws and a broom to decorate your window with.
One more of his clever ideas. He took the broom stick and stuck it in the airplane window and said he was putting water in the plane. I guess he was thinking the stick was like a hose but what's amazing to me is where on earth he got this idea from.
Leftover party hats means party hat wearing dinners! Oh, notice we've transitioned Baker's high chair to a booster seat, well almost. We took the seatbelt, cover and tray off and he now sits at the table with us. It makes for more mess but we love how he's more included at dinner and there has been less struggle to get him to the table too.

No comments: