Thursday, March 04, 2010

Sunday = Church, Balloons and Peaceful Sleep

This past Sunday, after church, we went for brunch at Chadwicks. Eating out now is a little different than what it used to be because we don't always have to use a high chair anymore. When we're able to get a booth, it is really the best situation because we can sort of block Baker in and he has a freedom that the high chair doesn't give him and he loves that! Not only does he feel free, but I think he feels like a part of the meal and conversation, not so isolated. It means less irritation from a little guy for us which is a good thing! Depending on where we're at, we'll let him just sit in regular chairs too but the booth is the best for us! So, that's what he got to do at Chadwicks and since there was a bunch of balloons tied to the banister beside our booth, we were able to use them as a way to keep him on his bottom or his knees the entire meal because he knew if he wanted a balloon after we ate, he had to sit on one or the other, and it totally worked!

Finally getting his balloon after waiting the entire brunch for it! He deserved it because he was awesome!
So happy...just look at that sweet face.
Precious - I love how he's snuggled up with Monkey, always. When we got home, he went down for his nap. He must have played hard in the church nursery because when I went to wake him at 5 pm (Yes, 5 pm! We don't let him sleep longer than that.), he was out of it and didn't budge, despite the floor creaking, the door popping, and me rubbing his back. I thought, how often do I get the chance to take a picture of him sleeping anymore so I got the camera and snapped a few pictures and even with the flash, he still didn't wake!
Our little angel - He's so sweet when he sleeps.

No comments: